Samantha Suarez posted to Neurocenters.com 8 facts that’ll change the perception of depression. She states that depression effects 6.7% of adults in the US and is reportedly a leading mental illness that is most common. Depression is most common in adult women, but can effect anyone. With the current social stigma of depression, up to two thirds of people do not seek help for their disorder. Visit indeed.com to know more about Neurocore.
Suarez continues with the 8 following facts about depression:
- Depression may develop without outside factors
There is no key factor that identifies depression but rather research has indicated a correlation between genetics and/or a stressful life event to depression
- There are varying types and levels of depressive disorders
Suarez highlights the most common four disorders: Major Depressive Disorder, Persistent Depressive Disorder, Postpartum Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder
- There may not be blatant signs and/or symptoms
People who suffer from high-functioning depression do not appear to be suffering from the outside
- Depression may have physical symptoms that can physically wear down those effected
Physical symptoms includes headaches, stomach issues, shortness of breath, etc.
- Often caused by depression, suicide is the second highest reasoning for death among younger people
- Depression is the primary source of diability(Credited to the World Health Organization)
- Research and Funding for Depression is still a strong need
Depression receives only 1/100 of the awareness and funding that Breast Cancer foundations receive even though the mortal rate is the same. Click here to learn ways to give to the cause.
- Treatment covers all spectrums of depression
Depression is treated through both medication and therapy. The earlier the disorder is caught, the more effective treatment is. Read more at dialdish.com about Neurocore.
Neurocore is a company with Brain Performance Centers that help alleviate conditions such as ADHD, Anxiety, Autism, Depression, Migraines, Sleep, and Stress through therapy. There are 8 Neurocore sites across the nation. View their company website, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn to see if they could help you or a loved one.