Talos Energy is a gas and oil company headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company was founded in the year 2012. It is involved in the exploration, development, and distinction of oil and gas properties.
Timothy S. Duncan leads the firm as its Chief Executive Officer and president and Michael Harding as its vice president. Timothy Duncan founded the company in 2012 with an initial investment of $600 million in the capital.
This is a placeholder account for Talos Energy LLC in Houston, Texas. Questions about the company should be directed to 713-328-3000.
— talosenergy (@talosenergyllc) February 12, 2013
Talos Energy began as a private firm. However, it became a public company in May 2018 after being part of a $2 billion merger with the Louisiana Stone Energy. The alliance is aimed at exploring oil in the Mexican sides of the Gulf of Mexico.
Before the finalization of the merger, Louisiana Stone Energy was a publicly traded out company. This meant that Talos Energy would only become public by attaining an interest in Stone Energy.
This saved them the procedures of filing an initial public offering. After the merger, Talos Energy was listed and started trading in the New York Stock Exchange under TALO ticker.
In the deal that was struck, Talos Energy took the lion’s share of the merger at 63 percent while Louisiana Stone Energy received the remaining 37 percent. Revealing the details of the merger to the general public, Duncan said that his firm has the upper hand in maximizing its asset portfolios and generated returns.
He said this while referring to the equity programs in the United States Gulf of Mexico. He also insisted on penetrating the market for business development opportunities. When Talos Energy company was established in the year 2012, it aimed to go public in either 2014 or 2015.
However, this would not be possible after the oil bust hindered its goals. The merger with Louisiana Stone Energy provided it with an excellent opportunity to go public. Apollo Global Management and Riverstone Holdings are private equity companies; these corporations were involved in the funding of Talos Energy’s startup capital.
The merger saved Louisiana Stone Energy a great deal, and the firm was almost getting into bankruptcy following the fall in oil prices earlier in the year.
To Know More Click Here